Since I don't really have logic to deal with auxiliary carry bits or parity flags, I went through my code and removed opcodes that corresponded to them. Based on the Internet, it didn't look like Space Invaders used any of
CPU FunctionsNow that we have our memory and cpu structure setup, it's was time to create functions to initialize the cpu and start processing our ROM! // Creates a new cpu int init_cpu(struct cpustate* cpu); // Tick once in the
ROM SetupThe first thing to deal with was the ROM files for Space Invaders. I first combined all the 2kB chunks of the rom into one 8kB file. I then wrote a small script (romgen.c) to take this ROM
Subscribe to Drakeor is Innocent!
Subscribe today and get access to a private newsletter and new content every week!